Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Knowledge points

I just started working at my own table with two kids. Shadowing is hopefully done. I don't know when I will be ready for three kids yet though.

Basically the way our center works is that you typically have a 3 to 1 student to teacher ratio. Each student has their own individualized program that is based on their needs as determined from diagnostic testing. As a tutor, I have to juggle working with 3 kids at once. Well that's my goal. We all sit at a kidney table, and there are dividers to separate between spots. I basically have to find something for 2 kids to work independently, while I work with another. So far I have been able to manage with 2. I started watching, then moved to one during the first week, and by the end of the second week I am up to two. This is my third week there, and I love it so far. The kids are great,none of them act upset to be their. It's refreshing. Yay me!

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates