Today is early release. This means the kids are out by noon, and I have to stay and work. We are doing lesson study. Basically lesson study is when you plan a lesson with 2 other or so people, and then you have people watch your lesson and look for certain things.
Ex: Lesson on graphing
Calling patterns (more boys or girls, people in the front, people in the back, mix)
Types of questioning (higher level on Blooms taxonomy?)
Behavior management
Transition frequency/effectiveness
So anyways, we've done this once so far this year. I'm next. EEPPPP! I am okay with a few people coming in to observe, I'm used to that. This time I will be videotaped. Don't mind that part much. However, they are going to make me watch the videotape. BLEH. I see the positives thouhg. I suppose they will outweigh my fears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment