Sunday, September 7, 2008

school days

I hate being sick.

In other news, planning is going well. I have a few kids in my 4th grade math class who seriously need extra help. We have a utoring program in school, I am going to see if I can get them enrolled in it. I had a science quiz and I reviewed right before the quiz. I even told the kids that they should study because there might be a quiz the following day. This was over the scientific method, which we had been talking about for days. The last question asked students to apply the 6 steps of the scientific method to an experiment we had done in class. Well, I made sure to actually give an example of this before they saw the quiz. I had one student answer the question as follows;

North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Antarctica

Ugh. Seriously kids? SERIOUSLY!!! The whole class bombed, and we took a retest.

Tuesday is picture day, and I will admit that I am kinda looking forward to it. Tuesdays are really my favorite day of the week. It's when our gifted students have class with their TAG teachers all day. I am left with about 6 students in the morning and 15 in the afternoon. It's beautiful! I can get so much more accomplished!!!!

Time for some chicken soup. Over and out!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Raising hands was banned in our district. I AM NOT KIDDING! Most of my kids bombed their first Soc. Studies test, too, and they can use the text! It would help if they could read!

SE said...

hand raising was banded???? i had no idea!

SE said...

and krystian, hope you get to feeling better!!

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates