So today was our first day of switching classes. We only switch classes twice so things should be easy.
Nope.
I have 34 kids in my second block class. That is only slightly ILLEGAL! I told the front office, and they have to fix things.
Here's the scoop: I teach 4th and 5th grade math to fourth graders. I have 5th grade math in the morning and 4th in the afternoon. Well, there are some students (11) who I teach only science and health to. They go to a resource teacher for math. Well, the resource teacher can't get these kids till after lunch. I get Block 2 around 11:20ish and then we have lunch at 12:1o-12:40. The thing is, before lunch, I have 34 students. I am supposed to teach them. This doesn't work. I don't have desks for them. I am lucky that I have chairs for them to sit in.
Today was a "shit show" as my mentor calls it.
Tomorrow shall be better (hoping!!). I will have 25 kids tomorrow for 4th grade math, our gifted students are leaving for the afternoon.
Oh what a f'in joy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment