Monday, July 14, 2008

classroom pictures

So, I finally got to see my classroom. I went to my school at the end of May to look around, and I was shown the room I was going to be in. Today, I hadmy principal unlock that room, and I started putting boxes in there. I did notice tons of other boxes in the room that were not mine. They were the other fourth grade teacher's. I went to the office to try to track down where I was actually supposed to be. The secretary could not get a hold of anyone. She just told me to start unpacking where I was and the other person could move to the room next door. After I started unpacking, the AP came and told me I was actually supposed to be next door. She also told me that I would be a math teacher. I really prefer language arts and writing, but I do have a math endorsement on my degree. This means that I am "highly qualified" to teach math. Fun stuff I know!! I finally moved my stuff next door, and I found a bunch of tables that need to be moved out. By tables I mean table tops in cardboard boxes. I also need a filing cabinet. I did get one surprise, the teacher that had my room before me left this book rack thing. The type that you would see in a bookstore or something. I was very excited! I didn't do much in my room, but I got all my books and bulletin board stuff there and in the closet. Here are a few pics I took with my phone because my camera batteries died.

My personal classroom closet comes fully stocked with random stuff, which I am sure will prove to be useful. No markers or crayons, but a lot of modeling clay (you can't see it here)... go figure. I am not being ungrateful. I am excited that I get all of this, and I don't have to buy it myself!!!! It's sweet

Here is the book rack... I need more things to fill it up!!!
This is my area/library. It needs a rug.

This turned out so fabulous! I know you're jealous!
Basically, this is the only part of my room that I worked on. Too much stuff was in the way.

No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates